Friday, January 8, 2010

Natural make-up or fun make-up?

almost everywhere i go, i hear that ';guys like the natural look'; and ';natural shades are in'; but is that REALLY true? i am a make-up and hair fanatic! i plan to become a cosmetologist and i am (if i do say so myself) quite skilled in the application and use of make-up.


however, i don't use natural colors by any means. i use a greenish- turqoise color on my eyelids, a soft pink on my brow bone and a darker blue on the bottom (much like eyeliner) along with the occasional extra thick onyx liner. i like to switch it up and play with other combinations and funky colors almost daily. =]


i have been told many times by many different people that they LOVE it and wish they had the confidence to do their make-up so intricately and that they wish they could do it as well as i do. (i really don't mean to sound cocky or anything but i'm telling u, i have a knack for this).


so, my question is:


if one can use fun and interesting make-up shades and use them well, is that as or more ';attractive'; than natural shades?


i am not asking ';which do u (personally) prefer?'; but more like ';does it bother u?';


if u would like to say what u prefer than great! but i'm wondering if it's more about how one does their make-up and uses the right shades than ';everyone looks better in natural no matter what.';





p.s. i don't/ never have worn make-up to cover anything, only to enhance what i have and have fun with it.





thanks muchly =P


~kateNatural make-up or fun make-up?
Well If you are do funky colors like you said and are using them correctly then they are as attractive as the Natural look. Some people like me don't look so well with the Natural look I prefer wearing cool colors not neutral colors because it brings out my eyes more. Other people look better using neutral colors while they look like clowns with greens,blues,Purple, and colors like that.Natural make-up or fun make-up?
i think the ';fun'; makeup is good til you're out of college, but after that it's better to go natural. but seriously, do whatever you want.
Don't wear it yet, but I definitely prefer natural. God made us special and we don't need to cover it up, just enhance it. :)
go natural. trust me, i know.
nope it doesn't bother me


because i do ';fun'; makeup too.


who cares what other people think
you should definitly do the natural thing. light mascara chesnut brown eyeliner (maybelliene works GREAT) and soft colors for eyeshadow (almay is PERFECT) IF you need coverup i would suggeeeest covergirl. a ';crazy colored'; makeup job is fun but not for everyday. smooth and the i-dont-have-makeup-on-what-are-you-talki鈥?look is even better! look at the celebs. they got it down pat. :)
I get what you mean by you love looking pretty all the time...i mean who doesn't! But you should really go with the natural look...not because it's in but because....i know that guys like you for YOU not for the stuff you put on your face. I know that some of the cutest guys at me school(i saw cute cause none of them are hott) say that they love girls with no make-up what so ever or just barely any. It also depends on what kind of person you are too....
yeah, as long as you know what you're doing it can look REALLY nice, and sometimes even elegant





i think as long as you're not putting the rainbow onto your eyelids, it's fine


like same-family colors such as blue and turquoise and such look really nice blended





i love matching eyeshadow to my outfits, i think it completes it





then i also have my lazy natural days, with gold shimmer (for a little highlight) and mascara and thin smudged line of eyeliner at the bottom
Don't get me wrong I LOVE bright looks, but I can't neglect my neutrals!





I do sometimes do a neutral with a colorful eyeliner, but I don't always do those big bright looks, but when I do I make it look wearable. Like I love to do rainbow eyes, and bright purples(since I have green eyes), but I never try, and match my makeup to my outfit. Like if I wear a bright color shirt I normally will do a neutral, or light color. If I wear a toned down color like white or beige, or something then I'll do a bright, and fun look. I love playing with color, that's why I freelance ;]
I know what you mean but i think its more of WHEN you use it for example





Guys would prefer you use natural colors if youre going out to a fancy dinner or staying at home





But if you want to wear bright un natural colors at say a party or concert that type it would be ok!





See what i mean?





Like when i went to high school i thought it was odd when girls wore insanely weird colors to school because it just seemed weird in that setting but it would look great at a party or dance with low lights and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment