Monday, April 26, 2010

How do you put on make-up so it looks natural and, well, good?

Here's what to do for a natural look, it'll work with any skin type, I promise (I have oily, acne-prone skin and it works for me, so do not fear the oil and moisture):





When you wake up in the morning, exfoliate your face. If you don't currently have any face exfoliate, just use baking soda. Be careful when applying it to your face, since it is a very effective scrub. Massage the baking soda into your skin for ten to fifteen seconds and rinse. If you want to buy one, get Apricot Scrub: Invigorating, ~$4 at a local Drugstore.





Afterwards, cleanse lightly with a very gentle cleanser to calm and return some water back into the skin. If you don't currently have a gentle gel or liquid cleanser, blend up 4 large pineapple chunks (fresh or canned, doesn't matter) with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Once blended, put it on your face and massage with fingertips for a couple minutes then wash off and pat dry. If you buy one, I suggest Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser, ~$8 at a local Drugstore.





Moisturize. Get a face moisturizer and apply it to 100% clean and dry face. If you don't have a face moisturizer, go buy one. If you don't have time, just use a regular moisturizer, though it may make you break out later in life. I suggest buying a facial moisturizer that is a water based, oil free gel. I suggest Biore Skin Boosting Night Serum, ~$10 at a local Drugstore. If you want a higher brand, I suggest Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, 2.5 oz. for ~$58 or 1.7 oz. for ~$43.00.





Apply foundation. If you have liquid make-up, then mix it with your moisturizer and apply, skipping step 3. If you have powder, dip your brush into the powder and rub in the palm of your hand until it is evenly distributed throughout your brush, then brush on face. For a Drugstore powder brand, I suggest Physician鈥檚 Formula. For a Drugstore liquid brand, I suggest Sally Hansen Natural Beauty.





Blush. Extremely lightly apply it to your cheeks; never use a lot, always a little. I would recommend a cream blush for winter and fall in a red color and a powder for summer and spring in a pink color, but use what you've got. I suggest Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Sheerest Cream Blush, ~$9 at a local CVS, Longs Drugs, or Rite Aid for a winter blush.





Translucent powder. Get a 100% translucent, no-color-added, loose powder and apply it with a brush in the same fashion as you would apply powder foundation. I suggest Physician鈥檚 Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Face Powder in Translucent, ~$13.00 at a local Drugstore.





Mascara. Put a moisturizer (any kind) on your eyelashes and just rub it on until it's clear, use at night only because mascara can't go on moisturizer very well. In the morning curl your eyelashes and apply black mascara, 1-2 coats. Do not apply on bottom lashes. Before applying Mascara, take it out of the container and rub the mascara wand on a paper towel to get rid of overload extra mascara. When you put it on, do it from the roots in a zigzag then go straight up. Then get a 100% clean mascara wand, go through your eyelashes and go straight up as if you were applying it again and zigzag to separate lashes. It'll flake off extra mascara, too, which can make you look fake.





Eye Make-up. Take your translucent powder and a small brush and apply the powder to your eyelids as if it were eyeshadow, then take a colored powder that is extremely close to your skin tone (can be your foundation if you have powder foundation) and apply that on the eye lid. If you use eyeliner use the same color as your mascara (black=black, brown=brown, ect...) and apply the eyeliner as close as you can to your natural lash line, that way it will thicken the appearance of the roots of your eyelashes and make your eyes look more noticeable. For best effects, use short dashes across the top lid, rather than a solid straight line. If you want to change up the eyes for the different seasons, a general rule is spring and summer are pink subtle colors were as winter and fall you should use earth tones such as greens and browns.





Lips. Get ChapStick True Shimmer in Botanical Berry or Tropical for a slightly tinted color and some shimmer. If you don't have time to go buy this, then just use whatever lip stick/balm/chap/gloss you have laying around and use it. During winter, red lip colors are good.How do you put on make-up so it looks natural and, well, good?
Well, when I wear my make-up day to day, it's pretty natural.


My everyday make up consists of





-Bare Minerals foundation. I've got this skin condition thing that makes my cheeks bumpy and red, and it covers this up really great without it looking fake, like liquid foundation. I reeeally really recommend it - it's definitely worth the price. But, only if you have an uneven skin tone. If you have pretty clear skin then I definitely wouldn't even bother with foundation, especially if you're going for the natural look. Bare Minerals also works great as a concealer too.





-Mascara. Doesn't really matter what kind. I usually use either a dark brown or black lengthening. That's usually the only make-up I put on that stands out.





-I don't use eyeliner because I think it makes eyes look smaller, except for sometimes on my top lashline to make my eyes stand out, but not usually on a daily basis. But, I do use eyeshadow. I use a light brown Cargo shadow on the outer crease of my eyelids, and a luminescent white/gold type eyeshadow on the inner corner of my eyes. By putting a darker color on the outside, and a lighter color on the inside your eyes look bigger.





-Then, I use a little bronzer on my forehead and a little on my cheeks, especially in the winter when I'm no longer tan it wakes my face up a bit.





-Lastly I just finish with lipbalm. Lip gloss usually looks a little too plastic-y for me, nor do I use lipstick. Chapstick still makes my lips look a little shiny, but not too shiny, if you know what I mean.





Good luck!!!How do you put on make-up so it looks natural and, well, good?
Well here's what I do:


1. Apply concealer/foundation first on a clean moisturized face.


2. Apply a gold or nude coloured eyeshadow.


3.Apply brown/black mascara, only a little though.


4. Apply white eyeliner so it's really natural.


5. Apply a peach blush to the cheeks bones.


6. Sometimes a nude lipstick. Always a lip gloss.





And that's how I go bye home this helps.
ok here goes, hope you like:





face- use a tinted moisturizer all over the face and then spot conceal with concealer. if you want, use a natural shade of blush (pink with brown undertones is nice for most skin tones) or bronzer





eyes- use a brown or black eyeliner and black or brown mascara and MAYBE a natural shade of shadow





lips- use a tinted lipbalm (I like korres's or nuetrogena's)


or lipgloss just make sure its a sheer shade
Use maskera on your eye lashes, put a subtle shade of eye shadow on, apply eyeliner but only on the top- don't do it on the bottom because it will make your eyes look too dark and unnatural. Also don't use bright lipgloss or lipstick, use something that is clear and gives you a little bit of shimmer.


Make up looks so much more beautiful when you don't put too much on, good luck! :)
I think the best natural look is


1. little bit of eye liner around the under side of your eyes heavier on the side nearer ur ear.


2. a little bit of bronzer (very little) OR blusher following the line of ur cheek bone


3. shiney lip gloss


4. u can make ur eyelashes as long as u want as long as there are no lumps


5. ALWAYS USE FOUNDATION AND COVER-UP FIRST!!!


hope it helps!
1.By not applying too much make up 2.By using colors that complement your skin. 3.And using blending foundations/make up is good too, so it looks more natural.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_ty鈥?/a>





Watch one of these videos.
It all depends on your facial structure. If you go to covergirl.com they give great tips.





hope this helps %26lt;3
here's something I go by: if it doesn't blend, don't use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment